[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 29 14:41:30 CDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 15:00 , nate at portents.com wrote:

>> Yes, but I don't want to buy a new machine to update my DVD...
>
> If you have a flash drive (or probably any bootable external drive)
> you
> can use DasBoot I think:
>
> http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=17161
>
> Should be close to what you want, functionally.

Well, I created a bootable hard drive for my own user, but Dasboot
would be smaller and faster, and easier to show other users.

Keep in mind I'm mostly commenting on Apple not providing users with
updated install media.  I think they should, especially since the
original Leopard release has I/O bugs which sometimes results in data
loss.

Most Apple users are going to follow the standard instructions
repairing their Mac, so I think they should be able to get updated
media for that.