[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 16:44:54 CDT 2008

On Jul 27, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2008, at 13:36 , Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>
>> Its only one update?
>> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054comboupdate.html
>>
>> weighing in at a very light 561MB
>
> I prefer a full DVD to also get updated tools on the DVD for rescue/
> repair work.
>
> Plus, it's still easier to do as much as possible once.
>
> I have to question Apple not releasing updated rescue/repair tool
> CDs, since after all some of the tools and code in 10.5.0 have been
> updated and bug fixed, so doesn't it seem prudent to be doing that
> kind of work from updated code?

It's not impossible to build your own--in fact with an external disk
(an older Firewire iPod, for example), it's downright easy and you can
add whatever tools on there you want besides.  I mean, when was the
last time you actually got a DVD image of Solaris that was fully
updated, or <insert favorite Linux distro here>?

=Nadine=