[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 22 14:09:41 CDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 12:43 , Bill Blum wrote:

> If you notice in the manual page for login.conf, the option you're
> looking
> for (idletime) isn't implemented.

Actually, that not what I'm looking for.

idletime is how long before an idle login gets kicked off.

I'm talking about the amount of time the login prompt is displayed
before the login program gives up.

In other words *BEFORE* anyone has logged in.

I want to avoid customizing the code because that just adds yet
another program to manage and I already have more than I have time for.

I can't believe they left off something this fundamental.