[geeks] Titles

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Wed Jul 16 21:38:13 CDT 2008

> > I would be "your most excellent shoveler of manure, whisperer of
horses
> > and herder of goats". It's pretentious, yet smelly.
> >
> > Lately, even the mosquitoes have left me alone. I don't think they
like
> > the odor of my boots on a hot still summer day. I could package it
as a
> > mosquito repellent, but I suspect my target market is small (limited
as
> > it were to those with malfunctioning olfactory senses and no friends
or
> > family).
>
> O most odorous amongst us,
> O thou adept with BigIPs,
> Bless us with thy geekly wisdom,
> and tell:
>
> What truck hast thou wi' such non-technical pursuits?

I find it pleasurable, and I find myself enjoying tech less and less.
I've enjoyed the company of horses off and on all my life starting with
riding lessons as a young boy. The goats were my wife's idea and turned
out to be a good one, they are incredibly friendly and fun to watch.

And, now I don't have to mow my acreage. The horses eat the grasses and
the goats eat the weeds (even poison ivy), berries, brushes and
saplings.

But, you must be in tune with the nature of animals. If you find the
smell of warm manure unbearable then it's not for you. Also, the amount
of time and physical labor involved is very high.