[geeks] Netra T1 Disk Limits?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jul 14 10:01:14 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 09:08:50AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Bill Blum wrote:
> >Is there an upper limit to usable disk size in a Netra T1?
> >Anyone have a good source of suitable scsi drives?
> >

> To my knowledge, the only limit is what you can afford :-)

Practically speaking though, you are limited by what exists in the
marketplace (300 gigs, very expensive).

There has been talk from time to time about making a 1" IDE or SATA to
1.6" SCSI carrier based on an Acard chip.  But I don't believe that
anyone has ever gone through with the idea, and that won't work in a 1U
Sun anyhow.  It still would be a wildly cool project for someone to do,
but I doubt it would be affordable.

I'm sure there is some maximum limit though.  Is it 2TB perhaps?
I'm guessing that the limit is 2^32 * sector size.