[geeks] Asus barebones system available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 9 12:00:36 CST 2008

Hello all,

In my efforts to overcome the "cobbler's children have no shoes" syndrome I have just decommissioned my daughter's desktop and replaced it with my son's previous machine (a Dell Dimension 4300 with a craptacular Ge2Force video card, IIRC). My daughter's system didn't have the "omph" to run the applications she wants (mainly, the Backyard sports games). Aside from that, the system is fine (for what it is). So what is it?

It is an Asus Terminator T1 C3 barebones[see below for links], it is in a small desktop chassis and has a custom MB installed with a Via 800 C3 CPU. It takes up to 2 Gigs of of PC2100 (or faster) RAM, has 2 SATA ports on-board as well as 10/100 Ethernet and sound. It can accept one PCI card. The system I am offering has the Asus CD-ROM drive (52x) and floppy, no hard drive and no RAM. I bought this a while ago, and it was about $80 on markdown, I'd like to get $45 shipped (ConUS, Fed Ex Ground) for the system.

It will ship in the original box, with the original driver CD-ROM and User's Guide.

I ran this with a SATA drive (it's what I had on-hand when I put this together), but it would work fine with an IDE HD.

If interested, please contact me off-list,

Lionel

Links:

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856110056

Review: http://www.abxzone.com/abx_reviews/yama/article_p1.html