[geeks] Ya-HoooooO!

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Feb 1 12:50:05 CST 2008

nate at portents.com wrote:
>> -- I never cared for their keyboards, but others love them.
>
> They've slowly declined in build quality over the years, with some of
> their latest products having very mushy keys that get worse over time.

*nod*  It's all been downhill since the Natural Keyboard Pro, IMHO.

The last time I glanced at keyboards, I saw they have a current model
that looks as though it might be almost as usable.  (And it comes in
black!  Win!)  But I've no idea how it would hold up, and I don't think
it was available as a standalone without a mouse.

> And regarding the XBox 360's success otherwise, it's at least partly
> thanks to Microsoft putting up $1 billion to cover extended warranties on
> their prematurely failing hardware.

And even at that, it's a loss leader.  The XBox product strategy is to
hope that if they can keep bleeding money on it long enough, they'll
corner the market.

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.