[geeks] The Registry (?)

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Sun Aug 31 12:19:29 CDT 2008

2008/8/31 Jon Gilbert <jjj at io.com>:

> Thanks a million for the massive info. I mean, the system boots, everything
> seems to be running fine. The only problem is the inability of the thing to
> set sound volume without crashing that application. So, we'll see if I can
> hack it to work. hahaha

Well, if the systems boots, you might try to just delete all hardware
from the Windows Hardware Profile panel thingie, then reboot the
computer. It'll whine a bit, but just kill everything. That way, it'll
trigger the new hardware wizard on the next boot, and install all the
correct drivers. Hopefully.

I haven't actually ever tried this, myself, but have heard it mention
as a last resort way to beat a misbehaving Windows machine into
submission. Proceed at your own risk, etc. Yada-yada-yada.

.tsooJ