[geeks] Wow, PCs are cheap...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 25 01:57:02 CDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Jonathan Groll wrote:

>> Well, my father in-law will probably not run it at it's highest resolution
>> - his aging eyes will benefit from increased screen area...
>
> Not sure if there is any benefit to ever running a TFT screen at it's
> non-native resolution?

Indeed, just tell Windows to use "Large Fonts" and 128px icons.  Most of
the UI will become reasonable for folks with poor vision, instead of
blocky and fuzzy.

You'd think in this world of 3D-composited window systems we'd have
resolution independence, already.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi