[geeks] Wow, PCs are cheap...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 14:47:56 CDT 2008

> I've had luck with cheap Dells. I don't know how whitebox
> vendors stay in business.

Service, reliability, a guy down the street that you can take it too.
Customized solutions. Not having to deal with a big corporation. Being
able to talk to someone who speaks your native language. Contributing to
your local community. Perception that Dell is still geared towards home
users instead of business.

Unfortunately, work uses the Dell Business line. I've had way over 5%
failure rate on them. Most of the machine right about the one year
period BTW. Luckily we've got their super-duper gold support contact
with onsite support within 24 hours contract, but I shudder to think how
much we pay for that.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog