[geeks] New Intel Atom-based barebones system

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Aug 21 00:49:18 CDT 2008

> Most users with anything useful on their machines do need a UPS.

I thought so, too.  So I put my home machines on UPSes.

Since then, I have had two failures due to UPSes misbehaving.  During
the same time, I have had one power outage that having a UPS helped
with.  History indicates I'm better off without - and, indeed, I'm
running without them at the moment.

Of course, this will doubtless vary for you depending on numerous
factors, such as the quality of service from your local power supplier.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org