[geeks] Greater than 4GB swapfile on XP...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Aug 19 09:21:48 CDT 2008

Mike Hebel wrote:
> Nada.  We run Solidworks here and from what our distributor told us it's
> unstable on 64-bit.  They don't _say_ 64-bit anywhere on them that I can
> see.

This may be helpful:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237740/en-us

Do the machines with more than 4GB of pagefile have it in multiple
files, or a single one?

The above article suggests that 32bit windows XP cannot have larger than
4GB, and suggests a workaround of making multiple pagefiles on a single
volume.  (multiple pagefiles on different volumes is easily done with
the normal method.)

    -Dan Sikorski