[geeks] The Woes of Mac Pro

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:27:03 CDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Mark Benson wrote:
> Re-install?? Oh lord. Did you re-import your user profiles, /Apps, /
> Library and crap like that from your old setup or start totally
> afresh?
> <...>

> Hmmm... I'll grit my teeth and see if 10.5.5 shifts it. If not I may
> have to bite the bullet and reinstall. I hate having to do that on a
> Mac, it's UNIX, you shouldn't have to do dumb Windows crap like
> this :(

First, I'd try re-applying the combo updater from single-user mode
(put the updater someplace accessible and install from the command
line--it's the only way you can force a re-install of the updates).  I
did this on my Tiger install when something got corrupted and my video
files wouldn't play without stuttering and it fixed it up.

And of course, "repair permissions" before and after.  :-/

> And certainly no major bugs in Leopard... no way siree bob. Nope.
> Nothing to see hee.er./w.r';3';244,2 [ Address Exception

Did someone forget to give you your daily dose of Kool-Aid, Mark? Your
reality distortion field seems to be failing. :-)

=Nadine=