[geeks] HP LaserJet toner Cart exp. date questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 13 20:52:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Bill Bradford wrote:

>> I've got an issue at $WORK, we have a large pile of brand-new in the box
>> HP laserJet toner for various printers, but I cna't tell when they
>> expire/expired...
>
> Wha?  Toner *expires*?

The toner itself doesn't (it's just plastic powder).  However, a lot of
toner cartridges contain rubberised wiper-blades, rubberised rollers, and
photosensitive elements that do have a limited shelf life.

$ork[-1] had a couple of Very Large Xerox printers.  Toner for them came
in gigantic bottles which would likely last for decades in storage without
ill-effect (provided moisture isn't introduced, etc.).

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi