[geeks] HP LaserJet toner Cart exp. date questions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 13 18:03:16 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I've got an issue at $WORK, we have a large pile of brand-new in the box HP laserJet toner for various printers, but I cna't tell when they expire/expired...

They used to put (what I'll call) a lot number on the box, as well as a date - was that the Mfg. date or the "use by" date - but now it appears they have stopped that practice.

Anyone know when they stopped doing that?

We have way too much toner (IMHO), and we can usually get some credit for unexpired toner from our supplier, so I'd like to identify unexpired toner that I *might*be able to return for credit...

It is my hope that there is a web site that can take lot numbers and spit out exp. dates... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Lionel