[geeks] Merge archive of two mailing lists?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Aug 12 09:34:02 CDT 2008

Can anyone say whether it's possible for a Mailman list to absorb/import
the archives of an L-Soft LISTSERV list?

   I'm on a mailing list (hosted by ibiblio.org) running Mailman. All
well and good. Another mailing list is being shut down by its host, the
Univ. of Buffalo, and they use LISTSERV. If they are willing to send
over the archives, would the ibiblio admins even be able to combine the
archives? Or should we not even try to "cross the streams"?

   As a second choice, could ibiblio convert the LISTSERV archives so
that Mailman could still share them out?

   Thank you for any important safety tips.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt