[geeks] anyone have spare pc100 memory sticks...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Aug 11 15:50:56 CDT 2008

" From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
" "
" " on a frustrating note, the gx110 the 256s were intended for has
" " stopped working.
" " []

just in case anyone's curious -- i stumbled on an ebay store with
gx110 stuff, including a main board for $10, and the kicker is they're
only 15mi from my house!  so we negotiated the shipping charge [$14]
away and today i picked it up.  they were also nice enough to give me
a corner and a screen and kbd so i could swap it into my tower right
there.  i was able to upgrade the bios [a02 -> a09] and install my GHz
cpu and 512M ram.  by way of thankyou i returned their parts.

my original 733/133/256 cpu was fine too; it was definitely the main
board.

stores.ebay.com/bytefixx, for anyone else in se nh / ne ma.  they
aren't in exeter as ebay says and can't be mapquested, due to the
confusion of several towns sharing the same zipcode, but you can
mapquest eastman corners, an intersection they're 4 houses from.  todd
zuzel is the owner; his barn is a real operation full of stuff and
he's got 5-6 folks working for him.  and he does a little walk-in
business; a couple of other customers turned up while i was there.