[geeks] Help: Copying an entire drive under Windows?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 11 01:26:41 CDT 2008

I need to copy the ENTIRE contents of a system's hard drive to another
(external) drive under Windows Vista 32-bit Business edition.

xxclone doesn't run under Vista.

Acronis Migrate Easy seems to try to do the right thing, but bombs out (and
turns the system off!) halfway through.

Other "drive backup" software I can find only backs up the drive to a
backup image on the destination.  I don't want that; I want a file
structure I can browse through and drag/drop stuff back to the main drive
if necessary.

Any suggestions?  a Windows version of rsync would be great, but I don't
know if one exists.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford