[geeks] WiFi WarDriving

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Thu Aug 7 12:43:20 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 03:34:39PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

| Anyway, I thought some here might be interested, and I was wondering
| if anyone has a different "mapping software" solution - I'd like to
| be able to process my .NS1 file into a google map and make my map
| available on a web page. Ideally, I'd rather not have to code
| anything, though minimal script tweaking is no big deal...

Kismet has it all built in.  I don't know if it works on Windows,
however.

I used to drive around and do it, even let Kismet make some maps of my
neighborhood --

   http://mclarenhome.com/~dougmc/kismet/

... though it's been a while since I've bothered.  And of course,
Google Maps didn't exist at this time, but I'll bet Kismet supports it
just fine now.

I guess now the thing to do would be to set my bicycle to do it as I
go out on a midnight ride :) I imagine the laptop would fit in my
pannier just fine ...

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
                -- Albert Einstein