[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:23:39 CDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 1:28 PM, nate at portents.com wrote:

>> So, to install the BIOS update, I had to image the Vista install,
>> reload
>> XP, update the BIOS, then reload the Vista image.
>
> In situations like that, I'd recommend people instead take a look at
> Bart's Preinstalled Environment:
>
> http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

I tried one of the PE's I have, but since the FlashAid tool runs as a
service I couldn't get it working in the 15 min or so I spent on it.

At that point, it seemed more straightforward to image the disk, let
"Tiny XP" do it's magic, BIOS flash and then restore, since those were
all relatively painless and they had the benefit of all being "fire
and forget" (it was my turn to make supper).

=Nadine=