[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Brooke Gravitt gravitt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 13:12:19 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>wrote:

> So when your Mac gets corrupted or you change drives, you can put it back
> on the assembly line?  :)
>
> --
> Shannon Hendrix
> shannon at widomaker.com

LOL. Apple's cherubim float in with new machines when we have issues - you
mean they don't do that for you? We just netboot them to re-image. Which I'm
about to have to do as I ordered 1TB internal & external drives for my Mac
Pro here are work. With 10GB of RAM, my Unicomp Raven Black USB
clicky-clicky and the Micro$oft Wireless mouse 5000, my workstation is
almost complete. I just need to swap the original 4x512MB for 4x2GB. Not
sure if I can get mgmt to approve :)

We PXE boot out PCs here and net install Windoze. I'm glad I'm not on that
side - with 100,000 windows machines in the company and 3000 macs, The
criz-appy thing is that desktops aren't backed up. That's why I like having
the std build on a VM under Fusion. Anybody else working that way?

We manage Unix&Linux systems via Opsware SA. It's one of the better
acquisistions HP has made. If we could only get Windows 2k3 servers managed
via SA, and clients managed by Opsware CA...  Anyone else using it to manage
the datacenter?