[geeks] Gigabit upgrade

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Sun Aug 3 20:22:01 CDT 2008

The latter is unmanaged.  The former does look interesting; however, it
looks like it might be edging up into the dBA range where it needs to be
hidden away in a closet to protect my sanity.  (Although I don't suppose
that makes it unusual.)

Does anyone have any personal experience with managed NetGear kit?
Comments on stability, STP failures, broadcast storms, failing fans,
etc.?