[geeks] What is going on with the open source community ...the stupid bastards are clueless

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 03:05:41 CDT 2008

On 27 Apr 2008, at 08:51, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
> This is just putting your head in the ground and ignoring the
> problem...
> because the code those binaries were built with are the same code, you
> just do not know it is buggy...

It is, I know it is, but frankly life is too short to screw around. I
believe management calls this 'delegation'. Off-loading the crap onto
someone else's plate :P Call me morally flawed, but frankly I can't be
bothered handling all that crap, again as I said it's for the very
reasons you outline. If it were easy I'd do it myself. It isn't so I
can't be bothered, frankly. Well when I say its not easy, it seems to
be in most Linux distros, it's when you get outside that that you seem
to hit a vertical wall of crap. I only consider manual compiling if I
absolutely cannot find it pre-comp for my OS.

I'm lazy, so sue me.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: