[geeks] Mac graphics opinions wanted

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Sep 29 22:27:09 CDT 2007

>On Sat Sep 29 21:11 , Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
wrote:On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:29:37 -0500
>I would like to see a "Fat Mini" with better graphics, 4GB
>RAM capacity, and a bit more I/O.
>
>If that machine were out right now, I'd be very tempted to get it instead of
>a Pro.

I'd actually rather a lower-end mac pro.  I'd like to have the expansion room
for graphics cards and hard drives that the pro does, but I don't need dual
xeons, i'd rather a core 2 duo.  I have three 20" dell monitors that i'd like
to run triple head with, but the mini can't do it (and i wouldn't be happy
with the mini's hard drive), and the mac pro is out of my price range.  I've
considered selling the monitors and buying an imac, but i would miss the
triple head, so i think i'm left with picking up a g5 powermac on ebay.

     -Dan Sikorski