[geeks] sheet fed scanner recommendations

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 24 19:50:47 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Rick Hamell wrote:

> I'm a fan of HP's 8300. It's a fairly robust unit and works well
> under Mac
> OSX. Just make sure you install the latest drivers of HP's site the
> ones on
> the CD just don't work with any of the newer revisions of OSX.

Looks nice, but it isn't a sheet fed scanner.  It's a flat-bed photo
scanner.

The ones I'm talking about are for document archiving mostly.  You
run pages in one at a time or stack a few in a bin and the unit scans
the page, preferably front and back.

It's for archiving tons of documents I need, but don't have room to
store any longer, and things like receipts, contract work orders, etc.

Having said that, I'd love to have a photo scanner too, but the toy
budget is a little slim this month.