[geeks] Hosting - 600GB disk - 6000GB transfer - $8 - Catch?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 11 21:08:59 CDT 2007

N. Miller wrote:
> I actually interviewed at the place for a night job, but they weren't
> willing to accept the hours restrictions I wanted so as to "ween"
> myself out of IT unless I was willing to take the pittance they were
> paying level 1 techs.  On the flip side, what they were offering as a
> salary for supervisor (with on-call) to said techs was ridiculous as
> well.

This is why, honestly, I want to find a new line of work outside of IT.
 Being paid to be a geek was kinda fun.  Being underpaid to be a trained
monkey who's expected to have no boundaries between personal life and
work, and no life outside work, was not.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.