[geeks] Wal-Mart

Ido Dubrawsky ido at dubrawsky.org
Thu Nov 29 16:46:12 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar Wrote:

> It takes me significant fractions of an hour to get the attention of the
> sales staff.  They tell me they don't have what I'm looking for.  After
> continuing my search, I usually find it in the store anyway.

That's endemic across many chain stores -- it's not limited to Wally
World. What I can't stand is going to Home Despot (only because Lowe's
is AT LEAST a 30 minute trip away -- either the one in Gaithersburg or
the one in Laurel) and realizing that

a) They have what I want because I saw it there the previous week but
they've reshuffled everything in the store so that you can't find it
again and
b) When you ask the person with the orange smock they look at you like
you're from another planet, wave in some general direction, and say
"it's somewhere over there."

Now, this doesn't happen all the time (as evidence of that I actually
spoke with someone who had a clue on the day before Thanksgiving when I
went there to buy Mesquite wood chips to use to smoke the turkey -- and
yes, you have to use A LOT of rolling paper :-) -- but I digress) but
it's more often than not.

Ido

Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP
Network Security Architect
dubrawsky.org

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071129-0, 11/29/2007
Tested on: 11/29/2007 5:46:13 PM

believed to be clean.