[geeks] Wal-Mart

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 29 08:34:41 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 09:25:58AM -0500, John Francini wrote:
> Unfortunately, I utterly resent the fact that Tupperware use
> salespeople instead of simply being either (a) in a store, or (b) on
> a website. This is FOOD STORAGE, not bespoke tailoring.  The sales
> model doesn't fit.  (Well, maybe it fits for them, but doesn't fit
> for me.)

I didn't actually buy anything from them, but they do have a website
and I went as far as seeing the "add to cart" button, I expect
you can buy it from them without having to go to a party or
deal with a person.

> Actually, the fact that the lids have a different plastic was what
> attracted me to them. The lid plastic seems more pliable, and perhaps
> less likely to crack, split, or harden (all of which have happened to
> our older stuff.)

About half of them have either ended up as storage containers for
non food items, or are in the fridge held together with rubber
bands. :-(

The Israeli ones are worse, not only do they split, crack or harden,
but they also have the same problem with the lids.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838