[geeks] Wal-Mart

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 29 01:03:54 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:39:35AM -0500, John Francini wrote:
> Example: Last time I was there was to get replacement Rubbermaid
> plastic food storage containers -- our previous ones were easily 15+
> years old and were getting tired.  Wal-Mart was the last place we
> went, after trying Linens 'n Things, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and
> Target.  None of the others even had that *category* of item, never
> mind any sort of selection.  But Wal-Mart did.  So I bought a bunch.

I don't know if it was worth it. Rubbermaid has gone over to a plastic
for their lids that expands and contracts differently than the containers.
In practical terms, the lids either don't shrink the same what the
containers do when cold and fall off, or shrink too much and pop off.

Either way, they don't keep their seal. They all work fine at room
temperature, so there is no way of telling if the container will
hold the seal until you use it.

IMHO you should look at Tupperware. They have better merchandise
and a lifetime warranty. Plus a salesperson will come to your home and
show you their items if you wish, or send you a catalog and take your
order over the phone or email if you don't.

If you maintain a friendly relationship with your salesperson, they often
have neat little gadgets that are not in the catalog. They are normally
given out as favors at group demonstrations (Tupperware parties), but
you can often get them if you ask without going to a party.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838