[geeks] Wal-Mart

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Nov 28 22:49:59 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>>
>>> That's not really what I meant.  What I meant is that I'm willing to pay
>>> more for *identical* items if it enables me to avoid going to Wal-Mart.
>>>

>> A) Because you don't like the corporation
>> B) Because you don't like the stores
>> C) Because you don't like the people in the stores
>> D) All of the above
>>

> Primarily C).  A bit of B) too.

That's how i roll.  No trip to Wal*Mart is complete without witnessing a
woman beat her child.  I used to say that just as a joke, but honestly,
the majority of the time i go there (which is not often, fortunately), I
see a child get slapped and start screaming.  The Super Target and
Meijer seem to cause less child abuse (or attract misbehaving
children).  Also, female Target shoppers are on average more attractive
than female Wal*Mart shoppers based on my observation.

    -Dan Sikorski