[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:32:28 CST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 11:46 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> When I say locking features, I mean things like this:
> - updating your address book with your computer
> - downloading phone data (pictures, timers, etc) to your computer

samsung sch-i760 allows that but it is a smartphone. Having said that,
any phone with a micro SD should allow you to add stuff directly to it
from a PC. I do that, and with Solaris, even.

> In other words, basic features which are useful, especially for
> integration with your computer, that they turn off to try and rip you
> off.

It is not as much that, as mostly you cant install apps if it4s a BREW
phone. everything else is ok. See http://www.bitpim.org/