[geeks] Opinions on T-Mobile and Verizon

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Sat Nov 24 03:01:52 CST 2007

Quoth Shannon Hendrix ...

> On a related note: cell data plans cost too much.  Are there any
> decent phones out there with WIFI?
>
> I could deal with only being able to use it in a hot spot if such a
> beast exists.

Here in France, T-Mobile sells a combination GSM/WiFi phone.  I _think_ the
WiFi part is only for T-Mobile hotspots, and I have no idea what sort of
coverage T-Mobile has here, or where the hotspots are.  I also have no idea
what the phones or their corresponding plans cost.

I also don't know how well they would work in the USA, although my son's US
T-Mobile phone wrks fine here.

However, GSM/WiFi phones do exist.

-Shel