[geeks] a cell phone that doesn't suck

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Fri Nov 23 14:12:11 CST 2007

> That's the SCH-u740? Half the department uses those. I looked
> at getting one but no possibility of SSH that I could find,
> even for $$$.
> Keyboard is a little too small also for me, and slightly
> confusing due to stuff printed landscape and portrait.

Yes, that's the one. It took a week to get comfy with it, but I love it.
I only needed sporadic email coverage so it worked out great. And now
I've started TXTing since the full keyboard removes what I hated about
TXTing (cycling through 4 letters per key).

And "Monopoly - Here & Now" plays great on it! It has saved me from
bordom-induced suicide during flight delays.

It also has a very good sounding speakerphone that I actually use. Other
cell speakerphones left me unimpressed.