[geeks] a cell phone that doesn't suck

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Thu Nov 22 21:37:14 CST 2007

> I seem to have lost my cell phone and need to get another one
> to replace it.

I find Motorola still makes the best phones. For the first time in my
life I'm not on a Motorola, but as Samsung clamshell that opens in both
portrait and landscape modes and has a full qwerty keyboard. I wanted
something small and RAZR-like that had a keyboard.

I like a lot of what Verizon is offering, and I find their coverage to
be way better than the GSM providers (Sprint, AT&T). You won't find a
phone-only model, but many models, especially the Motorola's, keep the
toys in the background. They even have a nearly pure phone hardened,
waterproof, shock-resistant model for people like construction workers.