[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Nov 22 18:38:03 CST 2007

> Then you work more than most teachers I've ever met.

Well, thank you.  Actually most of the teachers in my school put that
much into the job.  Could be one reason why my school is as
successful as it is.

> Most of them barely work the time school is in session, and you can
> forget them doing anything after hours or during school closings
> that's useful.

I've seen that in my system.  Makes me actually like the idea of merit pay.
The only problem is there is, as of yet, no fair measure of who should
get it.   It would probably be filled with politics and "working the
system" like of the rest of the mess.

> I guess it does suck if you are one of the ones that really tries, but
> the education system is bad for a lot of reasons, top to bottom.

All I can say is that I try.

Bob