[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 22 01:02:31 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:48:55AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Our public schools here in my town (can't speak about any others, no exp. with
> any others) are quite good, but we are still considering pulling my son out of
> the public school system next year, when he trades the 400 student elementary
> school for a much larger middle school.

That may be good or bad. The larger the school, the more activites and special
programs it can have. Having gone to a "regular" high school in the late 1960's
with 4500 students across 3 grades, I can say that there were things that were
availble to the genral population that were only available to students
in specialized schools with smaller populations.

Of course that was a long time ago, things may have changed.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838