[geeks] Leopard 10.5.1 Update now available

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Wed Nov 21 00:43:33 CST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 03:57, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:51:43AM -0600, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>> Oh hell yes. My dream laptop is:
>>  - small - 10-12" diagonally
>
> I *loved* my iBook G4 with a 12" screen - it was so tiny and portable
> and CUTE but yet a great system (I used it as my main machine for over
> a month in early 2005 - I was living in a hotel here in Houston).

Yep, I use a 12" PowerBook now, the last model they made. I love it.
The only reason I'll ever upgrade is for the ability to virtualize.
That'll be worth the money to me eventually.

> The MacBook is almost as nice - its way faster, but its not quite as
> small as the iBook.  I like its keyboard better though - but I can't
> stand the new Apple "short-throw" keyboards for longer than necessary.

Yeah, the MacBook has a wide screen, which is really nice for movies
and work, but the 12" is just so much more portable.

And I think 10" would be pretty cool too. I keep looking at things
like the EEE, the OLPC, the old Librettos, and those cool import
FlyBooks (tiny, fast, integrated: camera, bluetooth, wifi, gprs (or
evdo?), gps...). I don't mind a smaller screen, at all, and I think I
could get used to a smaller keyboard, even.

IMO, while a super pretty screen is sexy, one I can see outside
without killing the batt would be really, really awesome.

  - Micah