[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Nov 20 16:44:31 CST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:38 AM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:

>> Locally, my school district is going to be working on a settlement
>> for their new
>> contract for (I think) the rest of the year, *ensuring* all parents
>> realize our
>> teachers are putting their paycheck before the students, since they
>> are now
>> dropping all "unpaid" activities at their unions behest to "drive
>> the point
>> home". I don't think they'll get the results they expect...
>
> I bet you want to work an extra hour a day for nothing. :)  Seriously,
> I don't know what "unpaid activities" are but no matter what job you
> have,
> if you do something for nothing, you'll never get paid for it in the
> furture and more likely, you'll be expected to do more for nothing.
> Those
> contract negotiations can be real nasty.  Too bad nobody really wins.

Yes, but if the teachers are making an issue out of that, it sounds
like whining to me.

As a programmer, huge amounts of my work has gone unpaid.  That's
pretty normal for a lot of people in programming and administration
work.

I wish I could bitch at someone and get paid for it or not have to do
it.