[geeks] MaXX Desktop - an evolution of SGI's IRIX Interactive Desktop

from@fu3.org fu3.org at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:58:05 CST 2007

2007/11/20, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 08:21:41AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 09:43:55AM +0100, from at fu3.org wrote:
> > > I've snipped some points from their website and RoadMap:
> > > (http://5dwm.org/maxxi/home.html)
> >
> > So they're just recreating 4Dwm?  Isn't that like putting lipstick on a
> > pig?
>
> How was 4Dwm a pig?  It seemed pretty light weight to me.

Yeah, and not only that; - It managed to feel weight-balanced
perfectly window-border and dialogue -wise consistently, that noone
since has managed to copy.

- If you look at qt/KDE and happen to actually touch it, the immediate
conclusion is that the aesthetical sum falls apart, in terms of
"visual weight-balance," and, god forbid; with GTK[2] you get this
overweight handful of bricks that is totally designed by people who
failed in artistics aswell as gymnastics.. (- All the "metal-themed"
crap also fails for some or other reason.)

Style-intelligence has really dropped down to the level of some
collective mother's basement, and people seem to like it.. [
http://0st.biz/clipfarm/lunix/ ] - But that's how it is...