[geeks] Leopard 10.5.1 Update now available

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 18 01:16:02 CST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Mark wrote:

> I'm a bit different, I always EXPECT issues, but never have any. The
> update has so far killed off a few MacBook Pros, including Robert
> Scoble's 17":
>
> http://scobleizer.com/2007/11/16/caught-in-apple-restart-hell/
> http://scobleizer.com/2007/11/17/the-brand-promise-of-apple/
>
> Apple's laptops suck though so it's no major surprise ;)

Let's be completely fair: *ALL* laptops suck.

Those few I've seen which I liked OK run the wrong OS.

You can't always get what you want, and unfortunately, you might find
you can't get what you need either.

It would be nice too, if we could have modern laptops with current
power saving technology, but relatively low power CPU and other bus
goodies, so we could have a simple apps laptop that would run all day
on a charge.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com