[geeks] verizon phone ssh?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:29:03 CST 2007

I've seen a lot of people with the LG vx9900 (Verizon enV). I guess
one could use this to ssh. But, I see that LG has the vx10000 in
stores next week. This is a much improved version. When closed, it has
a touch screen, kind of like the iphone. but that's mostly irrelevant
to me. I am interested in a clamshell type phone with full keyboard.
I've looked at all kinds of contraptions, and have had loaners of all
kinds of devices (blackberry, treo, xv6700, samsung etc), and they all
frustrate me in various aspect. the vx10000 looks like it would have
the battery life i want. But...

Can you get ssh software for (LG) verizon phones like the vx9900 (and
soon to be released vx10000)? It appears like they dont have even
j2me, is that right? What cpu / os do these run?

Supposedly the xv6800 (HTC mogul) is about to hit the market too, but
unless the battery life has multiplied by 5... (I had to recharge the
stupid xv6700 every single day or loose everything).