[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Thu Nov 15 13:09:24 CST 2007

On 11/15/07, Sheldon T. Hall <shel at artell.net> wrote:

> My son has an old Nokia 770, the pre-keyboard model.  Smaller than a VHS
> tape, really about a DAT-and-a-half.  Runs Linux, and does so pretty well.
> Certainly good enough to do some web browsing, e-mail, and a half-decent SSH
> session.

I have one myself.  Even more importantly, it runs ScummVM like a
champ, so I can pass a long flight playing Monkey Island, Sam & Max,
or similar.  The old Lucas point-and-click adventure games are very
well suited to the N770, since all you need is the stylus, no keyboard
required.  Oh, and I can pair it with my cell phone to get an Internet
connection and administer my servers from the road..yeah, that's it, I
need it for work.  No, really!

Cheers,

Caleb

--
"In wine there is wisdom. In bier there is strength. In water there is
bacteria."

--German Proverb