[geeks] Dead Mac Pro

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Nov 12 15:26:41 CST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2007/11/12 Mon PM 01:22:03 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Dead Mac Pro
>
> <snip>
>
>> I got a 320 gigabyte drive for VMware, and I've run out of space on
>> it
>> twice.  I like to keep snapshot images in case I need to go back in
>> time a few days, and VMware Fusion does not yet support multiple
>> snapshots from within the product.
>>
>> Evidently there has been so much noise about it, they are going to
>> put
>> it in some future upgrade.
>
> BTW, Fusion 1.1 is out (haven't downloaded it yet, my Mac is at home
> for the day, honoring our Veterans ;^)

I'm working to make their sacrifice worthwhile.

Not that I have a lot of choice... :)

> http://vmware.com/products/fusion/features.html

I've been running it since last week.  Have to for Leopard.

It's nicer, but still doesn't have multiple snapshots.

Seems they added a lot of Windows improvements, which I'm less
interested in, but also Leopard support, performance changes, etc.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com