[geeks] YASFFMB (Yet Another SFF Motherboard)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Nov 12 11:53:12 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 11:32:35AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Came across this on Directro.com website earlier today:
>
> http://directron.com/efika.html

Ahh, the Efika.

> Features & Specifications:
> Freescale MPC5200B PowerPC SBC 400MHz (32 Bit PowerPC with FPU, 603e
> processor core (e300). Dhrystone 2.1, 760MIPS). with access to
> 128MB DDR RAM (266MHz) of main memory.

My understanding is that it is 128Meg soldered to the board, and thus non-upgradable.

> PCI slot (compatible to 33MHz and 66MHz PCI 2.2 3.3 volt. optionally includes a 90 degree AGP Riser card).

My understanding is that the "AGP" riser is a card that physically makes
an AGP card fit the slot.  From the software/electrical point of view,
the AGP card must fall back to PCI mode.

This isn't really a complaint.

> 44 pin IDE connector (2mm 90 degree port for connecting a 2.5 inch notebook hard disk drive.)

Note, this means that the only optical drive you can use is a USB 1.1 drive.

> 2 x USB ports (1.1 automatic full speed/low speed recognition, OHCI).

This board would feel a lot less limited if they had only used USB2.0
high speed.