[geeks] Dead Mac Pro

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 12 11:29:06 CST 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/11/11 Sun PM 08:01:20 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dead Mac Pro

<snip>

>120G is tiny?  I have a 60G in my CoreDuo laptop. 8-)  Its plenty for
>mobile duty though.  I don't even use >120G of space on the internal drive
>on my main desktop iMac (another 2Ghz Core Duo model).

Not really, but I like to futz with virtual machines and having an "ungodly amount" of HD space means I don't need to worry about disc space on my laptop. With 250 Gigs (a $150 upgrade from microcenter.com for a new drive) I can keep a handful of DVD install images *and* usable VM HDs without thinking twice about disc space...

Lionel