[geeks] Question regarding VMWare.

chanka perera chanka.perera at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 02:53:08 CST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 6:40 PM, Michael Vergallen <mvergall at telenet.be> wrote:
> I have just tested VMware on my workstation that I am about to replace
> with a new workstation.I seem to be unable to configure the printer port
>    . My old system was dual boot Windows & ubento Linux. so I could
> print   data on both OS'es but under vmware I'm unable to gain access to
> the printers connected to the network... Can anyone help and explain how
> to  do this or point me to a document ? As I'm just starting to use
> vmware I don't quite know how to configure this.

All you can do is to check whether you have access to internal network
using your VMware guest OS, use ifconfig/ipconfig/ping/tracerout to
identify this. If you have problems change your network settings to
NAT/Bridged. Make sure you have installed VMware tools in to your
guest OS which install required drivers depend on your OS. And if it's
network printer i don't see a difference accessing through host or
guest OS.

Cheers!!
Chanka Perera