[geeks] Cloning entire hard drive (including BootCamp partition)

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Nov 7 00:39:45 CST 2007

eOn Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:00:02PM -0800, Jon Gilbert wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my MacBook Pro's internal hard drive... is
> there any way to clone the entire drive, including the BootCamp
> partition, to the next drive?
>
> Short of that, what is the best utility for Vista to clone the Vista
> partition such that it can be restored to the next machine without,
> you know, reinstalling Vista and all the applications?

I second all the super duper suggestions made. This should really be
your first choice.

Another thing you can do (second choice) is turn your vista partition
into a vmware fusion image so that it can be run under vmware fusion
in the os x environment. Vmware provide a tool called "vmware
converter" for this purpose. I find this worked better for me, as I
didn't end up wasting unnecessary disk space by having a windows
partition that was larger than necessary.

Regards,
Jonathan.