[geeks] HD-DVD player for $99?

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Nov 2 11:26:43 CDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> If this story is accurate, and Blu-Ray doesn't come out with something
> close in price, this could be the beginning of the end of Blu-Ray.
>
> http://www.efluxmedia.com/
> news_Wal_Mart_to_Stock_99_Toshiba_HD_DVD_Player_10175.html

It's hard to know if this would be good or not.  I think Blu-Ray is
better in some ways, but both of them have crap in them that sucks.

In the end, I suppose we'll at least have less confusion if one
format takes over.

My ideal media would have no DRM, would not require burning (or at
least a better process than we have now), and would be easy to make
reliable.

Yeah, I know...