[geeks] FYI: CompUSA is offering OS X 10.5 for $99 (after rebate)

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Nov 1 19:22:36 CDT 2007

> self-esteem does not create good grades
> good grades does create self-esteem!

No s**t!

> modern educators are propagandists; they stopped teaching decades ago!
> if, for arguement's sake, we assume all the self-esteem,
> pop-psychology, psuedo-science, Science as a religion is good,
> the result is less time to teach reading, writing, and new-math, etc.
> skills need for life are not given enough time for the clients, er,
> students to learn the material.
> (just ask a real old teacher.)

I don't know what you mean by "educators" but I hate the word.
I'm a teacher, not an educator.  I've tried to keep teaching
in spite of all the workshops based on pop psychology.  Not
always successful. Today, I had to stuff envelopes with letters
saying that according to NCLB I was a highly qualified teacher.
Even though the law says parents have to be notified of "non-
qualified" teachers, my district sends these so the non-qualified
letters get lost in the shuffle.  I could have been doing
something more productive.  BTW, lack of qualification does not
mean you're a bad teacher, it just means you don't have certain
bits of paper.

> somebody screamed....
>
> i don't want your education
> i don't want your mind control