[geeks] good online hosting company

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Mar 27 10:58:43 CDT 2007

Kevin R. Marshall wrote:
> I'm looking for a reputable hosting company that provides a good web based email solution (< 100 users).
>
> My uncle's company email system is a mess and for his situation, off-site hosting makes the best sense.  They would be retaining the email on the server and using the web interface exclusively.
>
> Preferably something that runs linux and we could add an apache/mysql/php system to at a later date for another project.
Depending on the money involved, I would recommend looking at colocation
instead.  Many of my clients have gone this route with my company and
are happy with it.

Does your uncle's company have remote offsite backup?

If not, they can add larger disks and get offsite backup "for free", for
example.  Under most hosting solutions, you have to pay many times more
than the hardware cost to add anything above the standard offering.

Cordially

Patrick